2020-2021 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray
Specifications: Carbon fiber
Build Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Reduce overall lift
- Cut down on drag-inducing turbulence
- Enhance high-speed stability
- Known for weight savings and durability, APR Performance Rear Diffusers are formed in the autoclave at high temperatures using pre-preg manufacturing processes
- APR Performance Rear Diffusers are molded to fit factory rear bumpers and underbody areas
- Mounting holes, and all necessary hardware are included with every APR Performance Rear Diffuser
- Built to take quality to a new level and deliver peak performance
- Meticulously engineered with top-of-the-line technology
- Expertly built from super strong yet lightweight materials
- Thoroughly tested to withstand extreme conditions
Diffusers work in conjunction with other aerodynamic components of a car to help produce downforce. Because a car displaces air as it moves forward, the air molecules in the rear of the car get disrupted causing a vacuum of low pressure air. To help channel the high speed air flow coming from underneath the car, diffusers redirects the high speed air flow to transition smoothly transition into the low pressure vacuum in the rear. This encourages a smoother flowing air flow underneath the car and allows better performance from other aerodynamic components such as aerodynamic wings.
Since 1999, APR Performance® has been a market leader in producing and manufacturing high quality aerodynamic performance products for the aftermarket automobile industry. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis, combined with real-world track testing, help to ensure products meet stringent performance specifications. Proprietary manufacturing processes utilizing pre-preg. carbon fiber composites help to produce products that are durable, lightweight, and of the highest quality.